House at Pooh Corner

House at Pooh Corner
inspired by:

Thursday 12 September 2013

Michael & Me - hoping we have a chance

I'll be honest with you, it took me a little while to build up the confidence to tell people about Michael.  I mean, you just don't know how people are going to react.

But really, I should have had more faith in my friends & family.
He has only been in my life a couple of weeks but, I have been deeply moved by how so many have taken him into their hearts.

I don't know what it is but I am touched by how others seem to have formed a connection with him too.

Daily, people enquire after Michael.  It's nice.  People I care about, caring about Michael.


I certainly wasn't looking for someone like Michael to enter into my life & it has not been without its challenges but, we are doing ok.

We have had a couple of hiccups along the way but so far, so good.  I really want to make this work so, I am doing whatever I can to make him happy.

Some might say that his appearance in my life was a completely random coincidence.  Or was it?

Some believe there is no such thing as coincidences and that things happen to us all for a reason.

We, Michael & I, don't know where this is going, we don't know how long we have together .......... but we are taking it one day at a time.

*********************************************************************************

Very recently we had a scare & I thought I had lost Michael.  When I shared the news, I had so many messages of support.

It was then when I realised that there IS something special about Michael.

Once Michael touches you, he is kinda hard to shake off.

Fortunately it was all a misunderstanding.  I'm not really sure what happened and I am kind of mad at him for scaring me like that.

When I found him, just lying there like that, totally unresponsive ..........

 "Michael? MICHAEL???!!!!!!"         

It was such a shock.

The last time I had seen him he seemed fine, chomping away on his cucumber.  I can't think what happened.

Anyway, there was clearly nothing to be done.  I moved him to a position where I could see him, wondering if he might rally if I left him alone.

But I was not optimistic.

He was just lying there, on his side, letting me slide him about when normally he has such a strong grip ........ it was terrible to see.

I confess, I had Life to get on with so, I just left him there.


DON'T YOU......................................... DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!!!!!!!  


I THOUGHT HE WAS GONE!!!!  



I thought he was gone ................................




He's I'm lucky I didn't put him in the bin at that point.

That evening, as I did the washing up, I glanced over sadly, "I guess I need to do something about Michael", I thought.

BUT HE WASN'T THERE.  *dah-dah-daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*



He wasn't where I had left him, lying on his side.

I rushed over ..........

............................. and there he was ........... back on the cucumber ......... eye stalks waving.

Black & beautiful.

My Michael.

My Lazarus among slugs.

Wait.

You DID know he was a slug, right?

Huh.  Didn't I say?









3 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...